Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Snow on the rooftop

Ya know how sometimes things can be analyzed to death???

Or maybe I'm the only one who does that. 
I ponder, consider, imagine things far too much. 

Putting off the final decision as long as I can. 
Like whatever choice it is I am making is set in stone and changing it would be impossible.

Some decisions deserve extra careful thought.
Some things are world changing decisions.
Some things have far reaching effects on 
lots and lots of people.

Things that have people much smarter than me making those decisions!


Other things not so much.

So... here's what I've been struggling with.

I know that because I have had lovely 
yellow (blonde) hair



and lovely orange hair



and brown hair



That of course you all assume that I am a 
youthful 18  years old.

(me circa 1972)


So, I'm confessing my biggest secret to you guys!

I am really 58 years old

and

There is a lot of snow on that rooftop!!!
Bet you would never have guessed that would you?!?

I let my grey grow once before
and it wasn't so bad

but peer pressure took it's toll
(yes, kids there is still peer pressure even at the age of ancientness)
and I revisited the bottle.



My sisters and my daddy have all embraced their lovely natural locks ~ Mama, not yet....

I love Jamie Lee


And Helen


And Judy - no one would EVER question the attractiveness of  M!


and Meryl 



and of course the Butter Queen, 
Her Majesty Paula Deen!!


I mean, really now... have you ever tasted her 
Ooey Gooey Butter Cake???



So, it's time for me. 

Time to embrace Father Time 

Resurrect the Grey Roots

Hit the golden years of my life head on!! 

Accept my senior citizen discounts freely
(yay)

I do hear that grey's are tough ole buggers. 

I tried to take a picture of the New Growth...

but it's not showing up real well, even though there is almost a half inch of pigment deprived hair.

I'll keep you posted!
Will you stick by me when I'm skunky looking??


There may be snow on the rooftop..........but there's still a fire in the furnace!


Ya'll come back now, ya hear? 


Karen






1 comment:

  1. I gave in to the snow in the 90's. I was dying the bathroom floor more than my hair!

    ReplyDelete